How to apply our wallpaper?
STEP 1: Prepare the wall surface
- Your wall must be completely flat, clean and dry. Levels rough surfaces, rough, holes and uneven spots.
- Your wall should be a uniform color. If not, you may notice differences in color on your wall once installed. If your wall has multiple colors, we recommend that you paint again.
- Make a vertical line with a plumb line on the left edge of the area you want to cover with the mural. If you have a plumb, one can make your own by tying a heavy object on the end of a rope. This line is very important because it is the guide to start placing your mural.
STEP 2: Prepare the wallpaper
- The wallpaper panels are made with a width of 48.7 cm(19.2″). Panels are received printed continuously on a roll and numbered at the top.
- Cut independent panels and do a preview on the ground following the numerical order from left to right.
- Measure with a meter the height of your wall. If it’s less than the photomural, you must cut it to fit properly. Do it while you have it on the floor but leave a margin of an inch to correct any differences in level on the wall.
STEP 3: Prepare the glue
- You may buy the glue from your supermarket, confirm it’s for non-woven wallpaper use.
- Prepare the glue following the instructions on the bag of the glue you bought. Do it slowly. So you will obtain a uniform mixture and without bubbles.
STEP 4: Attach the paper to the wall
- Applying glue on the wall evenly using a brush or a paint roller. Start distributing from the line you marked as a guide to the plummet. Don’t paste the entire wall, do it only in the area that will cover the first panel on the left, leaving a few inches outside the right.
- Apply the first panel of the mural on the wall starting at the top left. Check that is aligned with the guide.
- Presses against the paper with a dry roller or sponge to remove any air bubbles.
- Place the following panels in the same way in numerical order. The panels must not be mounted on each other but are set on edge.
- Clean the excess glue with a damp sponge.
STEP 5: Finishing
- With the help of a ruler and a cutter, adjust the sides and the top and bottom of the wall if necessary.
- Let dry 24 hours; you will get a perfect final result